I was checking for the Free Content category on DMOZ.org and I saw it’s updated. I also tried the check the google version. Big surprise! The category does not exist in google’s dmoz copy.
I’m not sure if this is on purpose, but it’s most likely that google is also moderating the biggest moderated directory on the net. Hehe that’s a good one.
Also I’ve found if you search for url that exist on dmoz’s certain category, google returns a result but the link is simply for oh for.
See the first link.
Last notes: Yahoo’s directory doesn’t have the category too. I kind of understand it since the category is under Business branch and it’s a paid service for yahoo to appear under that branch.
- PHP Gurus in Montreal – I’m looking for 3 of them!
- Looking for 2 PHP Developers in Montreal (Senior and Intermediate)
- The difference between a bug and a feature
- Designing for Social Traction
- How to make Facebook shared links appear nice
- new pecl/memcache is out with memcache.php
- memcache.php flushes servers
- memcache.php can delete keys now
- memcache.php is now part of pecl/memcache
- memcache.php goes PECL